No home is safe from the threats of mold and the risks they can bring. As a Baltimore homeowner, it is your responsibility to check whether your property is free from mold or not, and the best way to do it is through mold inspections. With this, it is easy to determine the hidden molds inside your area, test the air quality indoor, and identify the species of molds inside your house.
Professional Mold Testing
Hiring a qualified Baltimore MD mold professional to do the inspection is the best option for most homeowners and business owners. With the help of an experienced and professional mold tester, the method of collecting and analyzing mold samples can be done with no trouble and the result is more accurate and reliable. Finding the right professional may not be easy though, but different tips and guides are available to help you with this concern.
- Air testing – as the name tells it, air experiment is done to determine the density of mold spores in the house’s air. The samples will be taken from the air and it will be studied inside a laboratory with the help of a microscope. The result of this experiment will provide information on whether there is a mold problem or none. But the results of this test may vary at different times because mold spores amount changes drastically over time.
- Surface Testing – this type of experiment is done to check the mold growth from the different surfaces of the house such as the kithe, bathroom, and outdoor areas. The collection of samples is being performed through tape lifting, swabbing, and many other methods. The samples will also be examined inside a laboratory and with the help of a microscope. The result of the surface inspection will vary and can drastically change since mold growth are not equally spread in all surface of the house. But unlike a test done with the air, this experiment cannot determine the precise concentration of mold spores.
- Bulk Testing – this test includes a collection of pieces of material found inside the house. The materials will be sent to a laboratory and will be checked under a microscope. Through the bulk experiment, you can determine if you have a mold problem inside your home or business and you will have the idea of the mold concentration.
- Culture Testing – Baltimore MD culture experiment is performed to identify the species of molds found inside a property. The mold discovered from different parts of the house will be extracted and they will be grown in bigger mold colonies inside a laboratory. But only living mold particles can be part of this test though dead molds are still dangerous and can cause allergies and other health problems.
Every Baltimore Maryland homeowner has their reason in doing mold experiment, but the main and most common reasons why a home or business needs to be tested with mold are:
- You find mold symptoms are visible and there is a sign of mold smell
- You want to know the different species of molds present in your house
- You want to determine the areas where molds are living
- You want to test the air quality inside the house
- You want to know if molds were fully removed in your house
Since most molds keep themselves hidden, you should alert yourself with mold’s presence if you experience the following:
- Mold will exhibit an unwanted smell if they keep on growing indoor. If you notice a moldy smell while walking around your house, then there is a big chance that some molds are hiding somewhere.
- If one or more of your family members experience an allergic reaction while staying inside the house, then you must test your indoor air to determine Baltimore mold spores. Signs of an allergic reaction may be a runny nose, sneezing, or sore eyes.
If a thorough Baltimore mold inspection had been performed for a specific area of the house and the results information shows that there is indeed the presence of mold around, there is no need to do mold experiment. A homeowner may proceed to the next stage which is mold remediation or removal.
But if Baltimore MD mold inspection doesn’t show any mold signs, yet you can feel that your home has a mold problem, then it’s time for you to do the mold experiment. When you are in doubt, it’s better to double-check and give yourself peace of mind.
The obvious answer is YES! You have to perform Baltimore MD mold testing after you mold removal or mold remediation was done for your house to make sure that the process was successful. With the surface experiment, you can tell if an area was cleaned properly. While with air testing, you can check if the mold spores with your indoor air have been reduced and everyone can breathe without worrying about allergic reaction.
Molds may be a simple problem for most Baltimore homeowners because they thing these bacteria are often not visible and cannot affect the aesthetic value of their house. But if you will keep on ignoring the presence of molds in the air, surfaces, and different materials at home, you are compromising the health of your family. Remove these molds as soon as possible and live in a safe and mold-free home.